Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Still Finding My Way...

I'm still working hard. Really, really hard.

Upon completion (YAY!) of the 30 day Shred, I began run/jog/walking 4-5 days a week and doing one of the shred workouts the other days. I'm LOVING this regimen. I never thought I'd be one to really push myself during the run/jog/walking, but I totally am. I'm doing the same route every time, so I remember just how far I made it last time and just how far I want to go this time. My new phone has a cardio counter, and according to that, I'm burning over 400 calories during these sessions. Amazing!

That being said, the pounds are not falling off. I 100% believe and KNOW that I'm losing inches. Some of my clothes are starting to fall off me, and others I'm wearing that I haven't worn in a few years. Those are GREAT feelings. However, I am a bit bummed about that number on the scale.

I'm definitely still learning the dieting part of dieting and exercising. I'm eating really, really well- I have no doubts about this. However, given the amount of activity I'm doing, I'm not sure I'm eating enough calories. I know that counting calories would be immensely helpful... but it's SUCH A PAIN. I've been down that road. I know it works, but I just don't want to deal with all the math involved. I want it to be easy- to just eat well and weight to fall off. If I am NOT eating enough calories, I'm not all that interested in adding more. I'm finally used to eating less and eating well... I don't want to bring more food into the picture.

I know this is all going to balance itself soon, but I'm really ready to buy the outfit below and leave this decade of weight.

One thing I do want to leave you with, dear readers, is a book that is AMAZING. If you are in the same boat that I've been in for years, I promise that this book will at least have lots of good pointers for you and it may just change your life.

Annnnd for some reasons blogger isn't letting me upload a photo. So, the link is:

http://www.formerfatgirl.com/

Besides book info, there is lots of other good stuff on the website. Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. about counting cals: I HATE it. have you ever tried Weight Watchers? Maybe I've been brainwashed, but that makes it so much easier for me. I'm too shy to go to meetings, so I do online, and it only costs about $15/month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done weight watcher's before and did find it helpful. I just came across a new app on my phone that is SUPER that calculates all my calories and has a huge search engine to add just about anything I eat AND keeps track of exercise, too. So far, so helpful! I have good feelings about my future relationship with this app! :)

    ReplyDelete